NorthWoods Now

The latest news from our corner of the cosmos...

Friday, February 1, 2008

East Charleston Weather Station at NorthWoods

I was told that the temperature in Cochabamba, Bolivia, is always perfect (close to 70 degrees Fahrenheit year round.) I went there and it was a nice place to visit, but I prefer the unpredictable Vermont weather: one minute it’s perfect and the next it’s miserable. To help Vermonters prepare for the “Vermont weather,” Charles Woods, Paul Monette, and Joe Page raised the funds to buy NorthWoods a weather station. Many thanks to the donors and Matthias—It is now up and running! The station is linked to weatherunderground.com and weatherforyou.com (via city zip code) for everyone to access . No more unanswered questions about the weather in East Charleston. Whether you need to know today’s, yesterdays, last month’s or even last year’s weather conditions, just check the website listed above.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andree said...

I searched Personal Weather Stations at both sites: no East Charleston. There is Island Pond but I think that Island Pond station has been there nearly forever. But it could be you, I just can't figure out if it is or not.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see the weather station is up and running and that you are posting your data to Weather Underground. I am glad I was able to help you purchase the equipment since I know it will be a nice addition to your program.

Andree said...

thank you for the e-mail about how to get to the weather station page. and now I say DUH because I searched under "personal weather stations" where it does not (or did not then) show up.

(Ms. Andree!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.